I am very excited to announce that my blog has been nominated for a Liebster award! This is an award given to up and coming blogs and I'm very happy to be a part of this group. I am so thankful for those of you that read and share my information and hope to keep posting useful information for you guys. I was nominated by http://wanderlustbrunette.com/ so be sure to stop by her blog and check it out as well!
The Libester is an awarde given to new bloggers by other bloggers to help each other gain exposure. I am happy to be a part of this new community and am looking forward to learning from my fellow bloggers.
So here are the 11questions I was given to answer:
- Where are you from and where are you now? I'm from Chicago, IL and I'm currently lving between St Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands and Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- How did you get into blogging and what are you goals and aspirations for your blog? I started blogging originally back in Chicago for the RedEye and ChicagoNow which are both owned by the Chicago Tribune. I used to write about my art and events in my Chicago neighborhood Pilsen, which is a booming artist's community. Now I blog about wellness and travel for my own site. I hope share information that I've learned about how to live healthier and experiences I've had travelling.
- What was your favorite city you ever visited and why? I've been so many places that I really enjoyed that it's hard to pick just one of course. I have to admit that Istanbul left quite an impression on me though. It's such an amazing mix of the old world and the new world. You feel like you are in the past and the future at the same time. I loved the food, shopping and archecture.
- Where is your next big adventure taking you? My next big adventure will be to Kenya in 2017! I can't wait!
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done while traveling? Riding a 5 ton elephant in Thailand was the craziest and stupidest thing I've ever done. I was ignorant about the abuse they endured and believed I was staying somewhere that was a rescue that wasn't really. I have used it as a learning experience though and hope to never get myself into a situation like that again.
- Do you have a travel partner? And if so, how did you meet? No travel partner but I lead wellness and cultural immersion retreats a few times per year and host private retreats at my home in the Caribbean. I enjoy sharing new experiences with my guests.
- What is your favorite quote or book? My favorite book is Memories of a Geisha. I've read it over ten times, I adore that story.
- At what age did you start traveling? I've been traveling since birth. My mother was in the fashion industry so I literally don't remember my first plane ride.
- What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is to stop only to not follow every dream I have. Life is meant for living. I have so many things I want to learn to do still like blow glass and weld. This year I took sewing classes so that knocked one off of the list.
- What did you want to be when you grew up, and how does that compare to where you are now? All I ever knew I wanted to do was make art, travel and help people. That's exactly what I'm doing so I'm pretty happy about that.
- What is your favorite blog post you have written? My favorite post I've written is "How 100 Days of Self-Love Changed My Life"
11 Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. I have worked as a Dj a cage dancer and a cake decorator all at some point in my life.
2. I'm an only child.
3. I realy love going places and doing things alone (see #3)
4. I'm 6'0'' tall
5. I prefer to date men shorter than me rather than taller.
6. I'm obsessed with massage and have experienced almost every type of massage possible.
7. If I didn't care about my health I would eat nothing but french toast and pizza.
8. I just discovered I have gluten allergy and I'm really irritated about it.
9. I am studying dance more now as an adult than I did as youth.
10. I haven't owned a T.V. for more than 10 years.
11. I'm very spiritual and pray and meditate every day.
My nominations for the Liebester Award are:
Here are my 11 Questions for the nominees:
- Where are you from and where are you now?
- How did you get into blogging and what are you goals and aspirations for your blog?
- What was your favorite city you ever visited and why?
- Where is your next big adventure taking you?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done while traveling?
- Do you have a travel partner? And if so, how did you meet?
- What is your favorite quote or book?
- At what age did you start traveling?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What did you want to be when you grew up, and how does that compare to where you are now?
- What is your favorite blog post you have written?